The Shidler Group Partners
- strict warning: Declaration of rules_data_type_string::get_default_input_form() should be compatible with rules_data_type::get_default_input_form($variable_info, $value, &$form_state) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/rules2/rules/modules/rules.rules.inc on line 73.
- strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 842.
- strict warning: Declaration of content_handler_field::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/cck/includes/views/handlers/content_handler_field.inc on line 208.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 585.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 585.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_many_to_one::init() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::init(&$view, $options) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_many_to_one.inc on line 104.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 149.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/581445/www.shidler.com/web/content/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
- Jay H. Shidler
Mr. Shidler is the Founder and Managing Partner of The Shidler Group. A nationally acknowledged expert in the field of real estate investment and finance, Mr. Shidler is known for his ability to identify significant emerging real estate and financial trends and for his effectiveness in organizing and capitalizing new companies to benefit from those trends.
Since forming The Shidler Group in 1971, Mr. Shidler’s affiliated partnerships and corporations have acquired and managed over 2,000 properties in 40 states and Canada.
During the past 20 years, Mr. Shidler founded and was the initial investor in over 20 public and private companies, five of which he listed on the New York Stock Exchange. In the U.S., these included San Francisco-based TriNet Corporate Realty Trust (NYSE: TRI), one of the nation’s largest owners of corporate real estate; Chicago-based First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: FR) one of the nation’s largest industrial property owners; and the Columbia, Maryland-based Corporate Office Properties Trust (NYSE: OFC), the nation’s largest provider of high security office facilities to the intelligence industry. Internationally, Mr. Shidler’s Bermuda-based AAA/Aaa rated Primus Guaranty, Ltd. (NYSE: PRS), with its $22 billion portfolio, became one of the financial industry’s largest providers of credit default swap protection.
Mr. Shidler received a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Hawai‘i in 1968, upon which he was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. He left military service in 1971, returning to Honolulu to form The Shidler Group.
Mr. Shidler is an active supporter of a number of educational, cultural, and charitable organizations, including The Shidler College of Business at The University of Hawaii, The Shidler Family Foundation, the Alexis de Tocqueville Society of the United Way, the Nature Conservancy, Honolulu Museum of Art, American Heart Association and the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Clay W. Hamlin, III
Mr. Hamlin is a Managing Partner of The Shidler Group and head of The Shidler Group’s Eastern U.S. real estate investment operations. In over 30 years of experience as an owner and developer of commercial real estate, Mr. Hamlin has acquired and developed commercial real estate properties valued at more than $3 billion.
A Partner of The Shidler Group since 1989, Mr. Hamlin formed Hamlin/Shidler Investment Corporation through which he led The Shidler Group’s Mid-Atlantic real estate investment operations and acquired numerous properties in corporate sale leaseback transactions with companies such as Unisys, IBM, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Through a reverse merger in 1997, The Shidler Group’s Mid-Atlantic operations were taken public as The Shidler Group’s third REIT, Corporate Office Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE: OFC).
Mr. Hamlin is the Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Corporate Office Properties. As a founder and major shareholder, Mr. Hamlin served as the Company’s Chief Executive Officer through 2005, during which time Corporate Office grew from $193 million to $3.2 billion in total market capitalization. During his tenure, Corporate Office achieved among the highest total shareholder return of all publicly traded REITs.
He is also founder and President of LBCW Holdings, a privately held investment company investing in private equity, structured debt, and special opportunities, as well as public debt and equity securities.
Mr. Hamlin is a Certified Public Accountant and is also an attorney, having practiced law with several Philadelphia law firms, including Pepper, Hamilton & Scheetz and Saul, Ewing, Remick & Saul. In the late 1960’s, he served as a Lieutenant J.G. in the U.S. Navy on the aircraft carrier the USS WASP.
Mr. Hamlin received his undergraduate degree and his MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and is a graduate of Temple University Law School. Mr. Hamlin is a Trustee of TractManager LLC, the Nichols School, and ZERO - The Project to End Prostate Cancer/National Prostate Cancer Coalition. A former All Ivy League tennis player, he is a member of the University of Pennsylvania Tennis Hall of Fame and serves on the Athletic Board of Overseers of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Lawrence J. Taff
Mr. Taff is a Managing Partner with The Shidler Group overseeing financial management and property operations in Honolulu. Joining The Shidler Group in 1995, Mr. Taff has been instrumental in planning new ventures and property acquisitions.
Mr. Taff also serves as President of Pacific Office Properties Trust, Inc. responsible for overseeing the operations of its Honolulu region and is a principal of its advisor, Pacific Office Management, Inc.
Mr. Taff began his career with the international accounting firm of Arthur Andersen LLP in 1980. Rising to the position of Tax Partner in 1993, he was responsible for real estate consulting as well as tax compliance and consulting.
Mr. Taff received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from California Polytechnic University, Pomona and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Kimberly F. Aquino
Ms. Aquino is a Managing Partner of The Shidler Group and Director of its Office of the Chairman. Since joining The Shidler Group in 1991, Ms. Aquino has been closely involved in the development of several of the Group’s most successful ventures including the founding of many of its public and private companies.
From 1995 through 2009, Ms. Aquino served as Assistant Vice President and then Senior Vice President responsible for organizing new investment vehicles during which The Group formed Corporate Office Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE: OFC), Primus Guaranty, Ltd. (NYSE: PRS), Pacific Office Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PCE) and completed the founding and capitalization of several privately-held operating companies.
Ms. Aquino joined The Shidler Group in its Honolulu office in 1991 as an executive assistant in finance and operations. From 1993 to 1995, Ms. Aquino served as a senior associate in research and development, during which The Group formed two of its early real estate investment trusts and completed two initial public offerings.
Prior to joining The Group, Ms. Aquino was the Relocation Director and a licensed realtor for Prudential Locations, a Honolulu real estate broker.
- Richard R. Previdi
Mr. Previdi is a Partner with The Shidler Group focused on acquisitions in the Eastern U.S. With over 25 years of real estate transaction experience as a principal, Mr. Previdi has been involved in the development, redevelopment and leasing of over 10 million sq. ft. of commercial property and the acquisition of over 100 commercial properties.
Corporations with whom Mr. Previdi has consummated acquisition or lease transactions include New York Life, American Cyanimid (national headquarters), Converse (national headquarters), Parametric Technologies (national headquarters), Mercedes-Benz, Polaroid, Michelin, BASF, Cadbury-Schwepps, ADP, Toys R Us (national headquarters), Hewlett-Packard, Computer Associates, Samsung (U.S. headquarters), Wells Fargo, Unisys (national headquarters), Merck, Hubbell, and Computer Sciences.
Prior to joining The Shidler Group, Mr. Previdi was the Founding Partner and CEO of Opportunity Invest LLC, a joint venture with Corporate Office Properties Trust (NYSE: COPT) formed to acquire and redevelop underutilized assets in the Mid-Atlantic region into Class A office properties.
From 1997 to 2004, Mr. Previdi was a founder and Chief Investment Officer of Wellsford Commercial Properties Trust, a joint venture between a publicly traded real estate company and a global investment bank that acquired over $1 billion in commercial real estate. From 1994 to 1997, Mr. Previdi was a principal with Emmes and Company in New York, where he acquired and asset managed portfolios of distressed assets. For 10 years prior to that, Mr. Previdi was a partner with Trammell Crow Company where he ran the firm’s Northern Virginia business unit, developing in excess of four million square feet of office and flex space.
Mr. Previdi received an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, a JD from Georgetown University Law School, and a bachelor’s degree (magna cum laude) in economics from Hamilton College.
- Charles K. Harris
Mr. Harris is a Partner | Research at The Shidler Group where he is responsible for research and strategy development for The Group's new business ventures and investments.
Prior to joining The Group in 2005, Mr. Harris had a 22-year career in the U.S. Navy, including that of Commanding Officer of the USS HONOLULU, a fast attack nuclear submarine based at Pearl Harbor.
Mr. Harris holds a master’s degree in business administration from the University of North Carolina and a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of South Carolina.
- Anthony K. Talbert
Mr. Talbert is a Partner | Capital Markets at The Shidler Group where he is responsible for acquisitions and establishing The Group’s sale-leaseback platform.
Mr. Talbert previously worked for 13 years with Chatham Financial Group where he specialized in the firm’s derivative advisory and real estate investment banking practices, the latter of which he co-founded. He has worked with numerous lenders, and real estate and leveraged buyout funds involving transactions in excess of $100 billion.
Mr. Talbert holds a bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering from The Pennsylvania State University and a master of business administration degree from Columbia University.